If you’ve ever seen the television show “Botched” then you know that things can, in fact, go wrong during plastic surgery, particularly if you’ve chosen the wrong doctor. Though breast augmentation is the most performed cosmetic procedure, the rising popularity in Michigan and beyond has given way for inexperienced or unskilled surgeons to jump on the bandwagon to take advantage of this demand. It’s no surprise, then, that a recent study indicates that the number of women who have experienced a ruptured breast implant has increased over 500 percent in just three years. That’s an incredibly large number.
What Matters To You?
These numbers reinforce the fact that trying cutting costs is not always the solution to achieving a well-performed breast augmentation. Not to mention it can have severe consequences. While shopping around for a plastic surgeon is understandable and recommended, here are some factors to consider that go well beyond price:
- Is the surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Dr. Mariam Awada is!
- How many breast augmentations has he/she performed and often? She has performed hundreds of breast augmentations. See her work
- Has the doctor has any malpractice judgments against him/her? Dr. Mariam Awada has been ranked as Michigan’s top female plastic surgeon.
- Do you feel like you’re being “sold” on additional services that you weren’t considering? (This is a red flag.) Come in for a free consultation.
- Do you feel your surgeon listens to and understands you and has presented you with a realistic outcome? Dr. Mariam is known for her caring and compassionate bedside manner.
- Are you comfortable with the office staff and surroundings? We are an all female staff ready to listen to your specific needs and goals.
When consulting with a plastic surgeon for breast augmentation, be sure to come prepared with a list of any and all questions you’d like to get answered. Being as well-informed as possible is key to any cosmetic surgery.
Do Your Due Diligence
A breast augmentation — or any plastic surgery, for that matter — is nothing to take lightly. If you’re seeking out a breast augmentation in Michigan, be sure to also seek out a surgeon with a plethora of credentials, testimonials and proven work before making your decision. Dr. Mariam Awada of Michigan Cosmetic Surgery has years of extensive training at elite schools, as well as experience in state-of-the-art plastic surgery techniques, both of which have made her a leader in the industry. She’s proud to have performed hundreds of breast augmentations and she understands the unique concerns of women. Dr. Awada is also a tireless advocate for patient education and safety, and she is known for her kind demeanor and amazing bedside manner. Call us at 248-948-5500 to learn more about Michigan Cosmetic Surgery or to schedule your free consultation. We’d love to discuss your options.